This Forest School ‘only’ first aid training covers practical skills needed by those who work with children, providing the confidence and knowledge to deal with comprehensive life-saving first aid emergencies in the outdoor environment, including first aid for adult helpers.
Working closely with The Outdoors Group in the South West we are proud to have developed this high quality first aid training that compliments their class leading Forest School training programmes.
However, it does not include a Paediatric first aid qualification that satisfies Early Years Foundation Stage practice guidance and statutory guidelines.
If you wish to have the two combined please select Forest School Paediatric, the benefits being that candidates only undertake two days training instead of four plus the school/organisation affected only has to manage two days cover instead of four! This upgrade option is available for an additional £55 plus VAT (i.e. £66 total).
Please be assured that the whole course content and context is totally integrated with the Forest School ethos and rationale.
First Aid 4 Life are on the National Register of Forest School First Aid Trainers.
- Being Safe – best practise including prevention of cross-infection.
- Vital Signs – temperature, colour, pulse, breathing, level of consciousness.
- Incident Handling – a systematic approach to problem solving & decision making.
- Unconsciousness – managing the unconscious casualty to ensure a safe airway.
- CPR & Choking – dealing with the non breathing casualty including drowning.
- Wounds & Bleeding – dealing with external & internal bleeding and shock.
- Major Injuries – treating head, spine, chest, abdomen, pelvis, leg & arm injuries.
- Soft Tissue Injuries – to muscles & joints including dislocations.
- Monitoring – Casualty Cards & monitoring plus hand over to rescue services.
- Remote Issues – improvisation techniques when you have nothing else available!
- Cold and Heat – dealing with hypothermia, hyperthermia and burns.
- Medical Emergencies – angina, heart attack, stroke, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, bites, stings and anaphylaxis.
- First Aid Regulations – some awareness including first aid kits.
This course provides an ITC Forest School First Aid qualification.
Certificates are valid for three years following which candidates can requalify by undertaking another 2 day (16+ hour) Forest School First Aid training.