This qualification introduces emergency life support skills in the context of a work setting and satisfies the statutory HSE obligations of the employer for smaller and low risk workplaces. In June 2016 the Health and safety Executive (HSE) recommended that the use of an AED should be taught on all Workplace First Aid Courses.
We can provide training at your place of work at very favourable rates (see below*)
- Being Safe – best practice including prevention of cross-infection.
- Vital Signs – temperature, colour, pulse, breathing, level of consciousness.
- Incident Handling – a systematic approach to problem solving & decision making.
- Unconsciousness – managing the unconscious casualty to ensure a safe airway, including seizure.
- CPR & Choking – dealing with the non breathing casualty.
- Wounds & Bleeding – dealing with external & internal bleeding and shock.
- Minor Injuries – small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters.
- Record Keeping – recording incidents and actions.
- First Aid Regulations – some awareness including First Aid kits.
The qualification consists of one unit (leading to one qualification) and provides the Emergency First Aid at Work certificate.
Certificates are valid for three years following which candidates can requalify by undertaking another 1 day (6+ hour) Emergency First Aid at Work training.
* Please Note: Depending on where your business is located we reserve the right to charge additional travelling expenses and the cost of food & accommodation if required.