PLEASE NOTE: This course is only available to those candidates who have previously completed a full First Aid at Work (FAW) qualification and ideally should be completed before the original qualification expires or, if it has expired, by no more than one calendar month following expiry; please see FAQ’s for more specific information.
This qualification introduces emergency life support skills in the context of a work setting as well as managing injury and illness in the workplace; it satisfies the statutory HSE obligations of the employer for smaller and low risk workplaces. In June 2016 the Health and safety Executive (HSE) recommended that the use of an AED should be taught on all Workplace First Aid Courses.
We can provide training at your place of work at very favourable rates (see below*)
- Being Safe – best practise including prevention of cross-infection.
- Vital Signs – temperature, colour, pulse, breathing, level of consciousness.
- Incident Handling – a systematic approach to problem solving & decision making.
- Unconsciousness – managing the unconscious casualty to ensure a safe airway, including seizure.
- CPR/AED & Choking – dealing with the non breathing casualty, including drowning.
- Wounds & Bleeding – dealing with external & internal bleeding and shock.
- Minor Injuries – small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters.
- Major Injuries – injuries to bones including suspected head injuries, spinal injuries and chest injuries.
- Soft Tissue Injuries – to muscles & joints including dislocations.
- Major Burns and Scalds.
- Eye Injuries – including how to irrigate an eye.
- Sudden Poisoning & Stings – including anaphylactic shock.
- Major Illnesses – recognising the presence of including heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma and diabetes.
- Monitoring – Casualty Cards & monitoring plus hand over to rescue services.
- Record Keeping – recording incidents and actions.
- First Aid Regulations – some awareness including First Aid kits.
This qualification consists of two units (leading to one qualification) and provides the full First Aid at Work certificate.
Certificates are valid for three years following which candidates can requalify by undertaking another 2 day (12+ hour) First Aid at Work Requalification training.
* Please Note: Depending on where your business is located we reserve the right to charge additional travelling expenses and the cost of food & accommodation if required.